NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5-10-14 Fontana Have been on the lake a couple of days around work. Wed. had a really cool trip with the Collings kids and Katherine. Caught fish with minnows, but the temps were really up there with blue skies, felt like midsummer. Started off we hit the first bank and probably lost 10 fish so decided to run up the Tuck and try and troll . Couldn't find much at all up river, so moved down lake and started picking up one here and one there. Ended up with a mess, but fish weren't like I like them, but the company was as fun as it gets. Today headed down lake farther and with the cloud cover and rain really got into the smallies big time. Had between 50 and 60 with 95% being smallmouth. Some of the fish were really dark and all were extremely healthy. Almost all banks held fish with the main channel being the best. Love the jerkbait bite and that accounted for most fish, I really think the lake will hold smallies down this way even with the spots, but was good to see so many brownies. Later Capt. James

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice day on the water for sure, nice report.I've fished Fontana a few times in the past, have always fished the western end, mostly hazel and eagle creek areas, it's good to hear the smallies are very active, I'm going to be up there for a few day the week before the holiday. May be ya on the water

1 - 2 of 2 Posts