NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well went to james for the first time this year, water was in the mid to high 60s, caught a real nice smallmouth that snatched my rod out of the boat and took me a hour to get my sustain/ kvd rod combo back into the boat due to many casts with a hopkins spoon and a lot of luck of catching my line, got the rod and the fish, 4.5 lb smallie, very happy,,,, also was blessed with a 2lb and a 4.5 lb walleye , 2 lbr was caught on a jig head with a berkley gulp minnow off a muddy point in 15 ft of water, and the 4.5 was in 20ft of water slowly bouncing a nightcrawler off the bottom, the white perch were very active and got quite a few nice eating size perch for dinner, ill try and get the photos off my phone and post them for all to see. good luck all , i will be back at james bright and early on sat morning

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks that was first 1 i have caught of any size actually trying to target them,
Nice I love catching ole shiny eye's, what i did back in TN to catch them was bounce a feather jig tipped with a minnow, also if you can troll really slow throw on a floating rapala and put a smooth split shot about 18'' above it, good luck and nice fish!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts