NC Angler Forums banner

520C

7K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  backlash 
#1 ·
LMS-520C Sonar/GPS Chartplotter Combo
Precision 12-parallel channel external GPS+WAAS receiver
Lowrance radar compatible
LowranceNET® networking (NMEA 2000® certification pending)
5-pin Ethernet expansion port compatible for radar and satellite radio
A superb color 200 kHz sonar/GPS chartplotter with an external precision GPS+WAAS satellite antenna to allow for custom placement and installation. Contains all the latest, professional features and displays them on a brilliant 5" display at 480 x 480 resolution.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I absoluetly love this unit. I purchased with the Nauticpath USA SD Card which has unbewleivable ocean chart detail. This unit can receive info from oceanic data buoy giving you the speed and direction of the tide in real time. Other map cards can be purchased that give the bottom topography of alot of major lakes around the country. i use the split screen feature that allows you to veiw both the depthfinder and gps at the same time almost exclusively now. The tracking feature is awesome for trolling. If you catch a fish you can the gps to guide you right back over the same spot. This unit has an external anteena and I chose this in the event that I would ever install a T-top on my boat. However, the 522C has an internal GPS receiver for the Bass Boat.

I also have this tied in to my radio using the nmea cables which this unit provides both NMEA 0183 and Nmea 2000 connections.

Software updates are available at no additional charge from Lowrance from timt to time and these are done by the use of the SD card and internet downloads from Lowrance's website. Also there is an ethernet port for future enhancements.

The 520C has a five inch and though this screen is larger than other fishfinders that I used, I feel this is the smallest that you can get away with for a GPS/Chartplotter combo. Also , if you want to go all out this unit is radar capable. My only regret is that I didn't get a larger unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.