NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't ;)

When fish aren't feeding sometimes a silent approach is best. Sneaking a bait past a fish very well could trigger a reaction strike. With the rattle they'll hear it coming and not bite. On the other hand, if the water is dirty or dingy, or even I reduced visibility the rattle could also be a deciding factor and bring them to the bait. I like to keep a variety of both with me.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
TT MR M TTRR I stay so confused on what's what with Mirrolures I just tie one on and hope for the best LOL I made the mistake of not marking mine and have probably 25 I'm not sure "what"..

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Great site Trigger that got tabbed to my favs!! now to get out the Sharpie marker and my tackle boxes!

Reactions: trigger22

·
Registered
6,427 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
I can tell you that my patience for trout that aren't in a feeding mood runs pretty short.
when they are in a feeding mood down in my neck of the woods a topwater without a rattle might just as well be a topwater without hooks. Sometimes they want you to sing a different song on different days they might like the high pitch of a she dog or a spook and others they'll go for the low thump thump of the top dog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.