NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6-25-15 Fontana Have spent more time fishing redfish tourneys in SC and Louisiana than keeping shop at home but have been out some lately. Fish are getting deeper as we speak and are spreading out into the midlake areas. Have caught fish every trip with some encouraging small walleyes caught last three trips. Try and get out early you will beat the heat and other boats, some of the most productive places are also some of the busiest. Have caught fish on almost everything I am trolling. I have been fishing 6 rods with a flat line, small dipsy diver, two side planers and two downriggers, and caught fish on every rod last two trips. Whites are hitting on top [also caught fish throwing to breaks so 7 rods] and down to about 25 feet, spots and smallies down to about 25 feet, walleye and trout from 25 to 60 feet. Caught a couple of real big bream on a point throwing a crankbait. Just cruise til you see some surface action, if nothing showing it is screen watching time. Not seeing any big schools, just 3-5 fish and they are throwing up 1/2 inch shad so go small. Last pic is my granddaughters first walleye, with a little help from granduy. Later, Capt. James

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like most places were 83-84. This was in 225 feet of water and the weird thing is last week in Houma Louisiana 2-3- foot water was 88. Seems like there is not ever the difference I would think, Hartwell is almost always only a degree or two away from Fontana.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.