NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen and Ladies,

This is Don Jewell. My girlfriend and I had the matching pair of red Mant a Ray 14's . I just want to say that this was a great event I'm very pleased to meet all of you.

I'm fairly new at this but as addicted as one could be. Hope to be outfitting my Yak for more serious fishing soon ... Oh and get one of those coolio vests... lol

If anyone is in or around the Wilmington/Leland area and ever wants to go fishing.... Drop me a Line ....

Oh, and I had a question.... Can a Drum look like a drum but not have the spot on the tail? Stupid question I'm sure ... If it's not a drum then what is it?

Me, Denise and Jordan all had a great time today! Thank you and thank you Great Outdoor Provision Company!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a great day paddling, and met a bunch of folks that I hope to get a chance to paddle with again. Great lunch, but I owe $3 to someone because I couldn't figure out who was taking the cash for the lunch. I'll make it up to you next time I see you (but you have to let me know who I owe).

Thanks for a great event.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome to the site, look forward to your posts and pics.

Nice little red drum in the pic there by the way! At least I'm pretty sure that's one. I have fairly bad eyesight. Also, wish I could have been there. I was supposed to his Fort Fisher today for some nice fishing off the rocks, but no luck; My dad decided to laze about for a day.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I also had a great time out there today a big thank you to Ashley and his Pops for putting this on. There was a real good showing and it was a pleasure meeting all of you. Thanks to all who bought tickets for the raffle.

Myself thought4unknown and liv2fish and her friend (Im sorry Im bad with names) we all fished together for a couple hours before lunch I ended up with a 24 inch red and suzy(liv2fish) ended up with a 22 1/2 inch red. I never got to fish with girls before that knew how to fish so that was cool I had fun with you guys out there.

After that it was time to eat it was really cool seeing all those yaks. After lunch thought4unknown and I went and played in the surf in the yaks. Lets go ahead and make this the official thread for the meet and greet so we dont crowd the forums.

here are my pics from today.

Here is my Redfish

Here is some action shots of suzy fighting her Redfish

and here is the lunch time gathering

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
i really wish i could have been there for this fishing trip! i am in the field and have to due what uncle sam tells me to for only 83 more days until i am free! is there going to be another meet and greet in the fall?

·
Registered
647 Posts
It was a great day nice to meet some new faces and see some again from last year. Thanks to Ashley and his dad again keeps getting better every year, and I can't wait till never year at the new FF ramp. As far as fishing goes my day started slow got 1 18" red before lunch. Then on the way in found a spot picked up 1 trout and 3 flounder to make this my 2nd inshore slam of the year and my first Meet and Greet slam. Sorry no pic till have not got a new camera yet.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey, y'all ... It was great to meet everyone today and put names (and screen names) with faces. Didn't catch any fish but had a great time paddling and eating lunch on the beach. This was my first M&G but will not be my last. Thanks to all who post the pix.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey FishinJewell! Nice meeting you and yours! The invite still stands for some Deep River fishing if you ever get out this way.

TraumaQueen and I had a great time out on the water today! Came back smelling like a HUGE skunk, but that's OK. Learned a lot and met some great people!

Thanks to Ashley for hosting, even though he was late for lunch! I hear he was catching fish, so he's excused.

Glad to bump into Ghost and YakN! Nice to see some familiar faces out there. Didn't recognize Ghost at first because of his newest yak modifications. (See the first pic.)

A big THANK YOU to the gentleman that gave each of us homemade ends for our stakeout poles! Was not expecting that and I wish I had asked his name. Very much appreciated!!

Can't wait to get back out there for the tourney. Hopefully we learned enough to be somewhat competitive! We'll definitely return for next year's Meet & Greet!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Gentlemen and Ladies,

This is Don Jewell. My girlfriend and I had the matching pair of red Mant a Ray 14's . I just want to say that this was a great event I'm very pleased to meet all of you.

I'm fairly new at this but as addicted as one could be. Hope to be outfitting my Yak for more serious fishing soon ... Oh and get one of those coolio vests... lol

If anyone is in or around the Wilmington/Leland area and ever wants to go fishing.... Drop me a Line ....

Oh, and I had a question.... Can a Drum look like a drum but not have the spot on the tail? Stupid question I'm sure ... If it's not a drum then what is it?

Me, Denise and Jordan all had a great time today! Thank you and thank you Great Outdoor Provision Company!
Big Croaker look very much like red drum, without the spot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Skooteri - Dunno what it was then .. you see the picture .. it was a good 18-19 inches ... It's the biggest croker I've ever seen then ... Luckily it tasted like drum ... mmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
My first Meet and Greet :) and it was great to see some familar faces from previous trips and meet some new fellow yakers. A big thanks goes out to Ashley and his dad who do a great job with this. I have had a couple of slow days the last 2 trips out - only landed a croaker on saturday - thought it was something better based on the flight and hooked into a undersized flounder. My fishing is usually on the weekdays so if your ever planning a trip and want some company drop me a line.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
looks like it was a great time had by all sorry i had to miss this one maybe next one ill make it for sure ;)
that is definately a drum and its is not uncommon to catch them without spots on there tails,i have a friend in florida that catches bulls without spots :)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Had a great time meeting everybody. Kudos to Ashley and his dad for another great event!

I had the pleasure of camping and pre-fishing with Ghost and Moseyak; we were joined at nearby sites by YakN and Yak4Fish. Thanks for the company, guys!

liv2fish -- wow what a great drum! What did he measure? (I hope one of these days I can learn to fish like a girl... some of y'all are catching some great fish!

My only score was a 17.5" red that hit a white fluke - but that's a new personal best red, so I'm not complaining! Another half inch and it's dinnertime!

OH yeah almost forgot -- I joined the "hey dude where's my boat" club. Thanks for the rescue, YakN!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.