NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out early this am to see if any spanish had shown up yet. Managed 1 spanish and 1 bluefish in the boat. Pulled the hooks on 3 others. Haven't quite figured out why just yet. That's 8 fish lost on two trips. Sometimes they'll be almost to the boat and they just get off. The good news is there is a strong drum bite going on right now between Scotts Hill and Hampstead. One customer called yesterday and said he caught 12 yesterday and a fellow at the ramp this am caught 17 a couple weeks ago and had a couple in his cooler today. The spanish just don't seem to be around in any good numbers. Sure will be mighty happy when someone in a wellcraft puts me on some real fish:D
Gery

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,
The good news is I got a new reading on Riches Inlet today. The old coordinates were from 2 years ago which put me right on top of a sandbar this year. The wave action was kicking up pretty good when I came back in but the new coords. put me right in the channel.
Gery

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Thats a mighty tricky inlet, but I kind like it like that. It makes the sound back there a lot safer and quieter.

Al - I think it may have been a while since you visited the "sound back there". The Lea Island/Figure 8 beaches around Rich Inlet are lined with boats - almost "wall to wall" on the week-ends. That is crowded water behind the inlet these days. Add on top that is it s a favorite of the Personal Watercraft crowd cause of the shoals and waves and you have a very dangerous place.

Granted - the inlet itself is not as heavily used as others but the inside half of the channel and all the water behind it are very crowed at times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.