NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8-30-14 Fontana Just a quick note, haven't been out too much because of family matters, and thank you for all the support and prayers for our family. I have only personally met a few folks on this forum but feel like extended family and community is a wonderful part of the healing process so again thank you. The lake is cooling and dropping and after a somewhat less than stellar summer seems to be holding pretty good numbers of fish. Still hard to get them to bite and will be til the shad grow a little, but some fish coming each trip. Trolling some and dropping ice jigs when I see a good concentration so you have to watch the screen because they are sometimes glued to the bottom. Breaking fish all over and they seem to bite better each trip, still need small baits. Should improve as weather clouds up and cools, good to be back out. Capt. James

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Glad to see you back at it. I'm envious of the catch. I have to look really hard to find walleye. Then when I find them I work like a dog trying to get a bite. Yesterday-two fish. I'm still hoping for some improvement though.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wasn't as good today, think I saw you at the point, was headed downlake, but that was a bust. Can't believe the places that don't hold fish that normally do. Can't wait for a week or so of cool weather, don't think the turnover will be very bad this year since the lake never really heated up. Had a spurt or two of decent topwater but not much happening deep. Will stop and chat when I don't have a crew. James

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was there. Saw a few walleye or at least I think that's what they were. Can't say since I didn't catch them. Did run into a few spots over next to the bank 60' deep that at least gave me a little fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.