NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was WAY up the yadkin river -near hwy 601- was working a wash out hole with a good brush pile right on the drop.was using a 3/4oz fat free -it's on a diet
-shad. i caught a feisty foot ball shaped bass out of there... couple cast later i hang a decent fish 6 feet down other side of the brush pile.
after a brief tug of war in the brush pile he came at the boat hit the currant and peeled drag big time. 5 mintues later fighting the currant up comes a slimey channel cat.. who fought like he was twice his size which was 6 pounds..

it was so humid the digital camera would not work.i had to go home and set the camera in the a/c just to get it to work..
this picture was takin at my mothers house btw..

zooker

·
Registered
969 Posts
Nice cat Zooker! You passed through my home waters to get near 601. My family farm was bordered by Grant's creek and up river to the first dock on the left, about a quarter of a mile, if it's still there. Pulled many a cat from a hole at the mouth of Grant's creek. Probably filled in now. Had great times hunting and fishing along the creek and river. The city of salisbury, in all its wisdom, decided they needed a sewer treatment plant bigger than Charlotte's. They pick our farm over another farm that was for sale and told us to take their offer or they would condemn our property and give of less than their original offer. They were "kind" enough to give my folks lifetime rights to part of the property and house. Needless to say how I still feel about losing my family's farm. Llife, liberty, and the pursuit......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.