NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember if I asked this before or not sorry. I have an '84 mercu. 150 w/ oil injec. upon start and idol this thing is smoking ( I know if it's smoking it's getting oil) and after running around for a while it's still smokes not as bad as start up. Could this be an inject problem or just old age? If I try to adjust the oil inject. how would I know if I am adjusting it right and to make sure I'm not cutting off to much oil? Or should I take a second mortage out and take it to the shop? Any advice would be greatly helpful. Thanks as always for your advice.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Buy a GOOD "factory" service manual. Check Ebay and Amazon.com for a used one at a good deal. That will show you the proper way to set the oil injection as well as all the info to keep it maintained and do simple repairs so you can keep the house..LOL!!. I would say that the smoke is probably just because a 2 stroke engine is less efficient cold so it doesn't burn the fuel/oil as thoroughly and makes more smoke. As the cylinder temp increases, you get a more complete burn, so less smoke.

Reactions: gambusia
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.