·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Jeebers that's a biggun!

Reactions: Nailbender8

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Man, how many things are right with this post?
1) Dad takes son fishing
2) Son isn't playing video games
3) Son appreciates dad taking him fishing
4) Fish reward all the above by leaping onto his jig

I have kids too, and I know that prior to this awesome report, there were probably MANY tough days when it was hard to keep him interested, days when you would do ANYTHING to get something to bite his lure instead of yours. Easy to forget about all that on a day like you had, but the best part of that fish is that it was probably gotten the old fashioned way - it was hard earned.

Congratulations to you and your son!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man, how many things are right with this post?
1) Dad takes son fishing
2) Son isn't playing video games
3) Son appreciates dad taking him fishing
4) Fish reward all the above by leaping onto his jig

I have kids too, and I know that prior to this awesome report, there were probably MANY tough days when it was hard to keep him interested, days when you would do ANYTHING to get something to bite his lure instead of yours. Easy to forget about all that on a day like you had, but the best part of that fish is that it was probably gotten the old fashioned way - it was hard earned.

Congratulations to you and your son!
Thanks Greenmonster, you are correct in that he earned her the old fashioned way, through hard work and dare I say it, PATIENCE. My son is 13, he is a total sportsman, he lives to hunt, fish and trap. He impresses me everyday with his ethic, and the fact the he studies the game and exercises extreme concentration and patience every time we go out to the woods or the water. To me, for a 13yo to do this, with this passion is awesome.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Great report, my three kids have fished with me but none really developed a passion for it. I'm afraid I should've learned how to fish better before I dragged them along, too many dry trips. Now that I know what to do they don't really want to go anymore.

Hopefully as they get older they'll learn to enjoy it again.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
That's great. I know you are proud. What a nice fish!

Reactions: Nailbender8
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.