NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed down to the coast this weekend with the rest of the masses and was able to do some paddling and fishing in the marshes and ICW area behind east end of Oak Island. Put in early at Dutchman's Creek Park near the wildlife boat ramp to hit the late morning high tide. This was my first paddling excursion to this area so I spent most of the time exploring with some fishing thrown in for good measure. The weather was good, overcast with light breezes early that picked up alot by early afternoon. I managed to catch two barely legal speckled trout, one on a Strike King redfish spinner bait and the other on a chartreuse and white jig tipped with a Gulp lugworm that was trolled through a deep channel. I paddled through the marsh grasses around Denis Creek at the peak of the flood tide but did not spot any feeding reds. All in all a good day on the water, despite the crowds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.