NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year and the fall fishing has started. They have been catching some spot of Seaview pier the last few nights and we been putting some kings on the deck. I put my first king on the deck yesterday. We watched it sky the bait but it did not roll out. It maybe pulled 50 yards and turned. It came in very green and shot under the pier and started to wrap a piling deep under the pier. I let off the drag and then I see my line starting to move off the piling so I started cranking on it. Then once it came out from under the pier it tried to make a run and started to wrap an out side piling. They dropped the gaff and it was put on the deck weighing 20.3 pounds. Later that day we watched another king sky my bait and went rolling out. It dumped 350~400 yards of line and I started to work it back in. Then it made another hard run. After getting it back I had a shark on the line. So I guess that shark ate the king. Three other kings were also decked and one tarpon jumped off. The fall fishing has now started!

Tim C
Shoe Hat Sleeve Sky Eyewear

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Man that's an awesome story. Wrapping a piling usually means "game over" !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.