NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is in the right section or not but does anyone know the clearance of the 903 bridge by Holly Grove Marina on Lake Gaston. I know it will fluctuate with the water. I have a Carolina Skiff with a T Top. I'm thinking I need about seven feet. We are renting a house up the creek and I really don't want to have to stay on that side. Thanks for any input.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
The marina should be able to answer that for you. I am sure they have had an issue at some point and needed to know. Its been several years since Ive been on Gaston and I want to say you will be ok but I am really not sure..

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
That's more of a concrete tile pipe than an actual bridge. Been a while but a bass boat is no problem. I don't think you'll get much with a top through it.
On google earth you'll notice the boats that you can see tied to docks aren't pontoon boats or anything with a top.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
OOH that bridge!!!! No, no TTop going under that one!!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Used to spend a lot of time on Gaston. I'd rather fish Gaston than Kerr. Good blue cat fishery.
Used to catch more striper on Kerr but the striper you caught on Gaston were better quality. I don't know how it is now.
Pea Hill creek is one of my favorite places. Six Pound Creek. Goat Island.
Family has a place on Popular Creek. Used to be my dad's boss mans place when I was a kid so we used to go a lot growing up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called the marina and they said they get pontoons with the tops up through it. By the looks of it, that's hard to believe. Ive been wanting/needing to make my T Top foldable now I guess I better get on it. Are there any boat launches on that side of the bridge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well we spent a week up at Lake Gaston and had a great time. Fishing was decent, had one nice Largemouth maybe 4lbs or so. The 903 bridge at Holly Grove Marina was passable for my 218 DLV Carolina Skiff with a T Top. The width was more of an issue then the height. I would estimate the height was about 8 feet and width about 9'. I had maybe 6 inches of clearance on the sides. Keep it real slow and straight and most boats will make it through. This is no guarantee so if you crash into the bridge don't come blaming me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts