NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First note - I'm currently working on a stalling issue with this motor. It runs right out of the gate, and runs well, but after I back off on the throttle then try to get going again, it'll stall out. It will idle and rev in neutral but under load the stalling will continue for several minutes, then after a while it'll get going again. I'm tracing the fuel lines and replacing at my leisure, since the consensus diagnosis is a deteriorated fuel line. Once I can correct the issue, the price will go up, but as of now I have very little desire to continue to tinker, so a handy person could get a deal on this.

1995 SeaPro 170CC. Total length ~17.5', with 85 Suzuki OB, runs ~35mph @ WOT. Comes with storage cover, Sunbrella Bimini top, Sony marine AM/FM/CD player, Humminbird 798CI HD with sidescan/downscan, and all the necessary safety stuff (flares, anchor, paddle, etc).

Also comes with a NEW but never installed Minn Kota Riptide 55 wireless trolling motor. Made for saltwater, comes with wireless remote control. Everything is still wrapped in plastic from the store.

Here's a link to the motor:
http://www.basspro.com/Minn-Kota-Riptide-SP-Saltwater-Trolling-Motors/PreInstalled-iPilot-Wireless-GPS-Trolling-System-Combos/product/5349860

Boat is currently in North Raleigh and I will trailer for free within 75 miles of 27614.

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Watercraft Plant
Motor vehicle Medical equipment Gas Automotive exterior Auto part
Tire Boat trailer Vehicle Watercraft Boat

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
The primer line and bulb are probably your culprit. The check valve in the bulb will stick if it's old and starve fuel. 2nd would be the needle and seat in the carb. The fact it comes and goes makes me think it isn't the fuel pump. Nice boat..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.