NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met Surferdude at bojangles in Goldsboro at five am to go fishing at a private lake nearby. Immediately the first bad part of the day happened, bojangles wasn't open! We had to settle for Mcdonalds and the tea tasted crappy. Made it to the water and started catching a few fish near the ramp and then we decided to try the other end of the lake. We cranked the motor and tried to go but the boat started taking on water! Turns out we forgot the plug... I'm sure most of us have been there done that but just in case, here is what the " I forgot the plug!' Face looks like:
Water Vertebrate Boat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Baseball cap

Luckily we made it back to the ramp without adding any new offshore structure to the lake. It took a while to drain but we hit the water again at 6:30 and pulled in a few fish but it was much slower then expected. My worm and spinner got outfished 3-1 by a topwater popper. About 9:00 I switched to a topwater frog and it was on! Bite was hot from 9-12:00 and we left them biting. Good size fish too and I lost a monster in some heavy cover. Even caught a crappie on the way back in. Turned out to be a good day after all!

On the way back we gave a tow to some kids who had broke down on their jet ski. Maybe next time we sink the boat they will return the favor :D Clothing Water Smile Cap Sky

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Been there done that........ Showed up at Bojangles @ 5 am to find out they were not open :eek: and left the plug out also:D

Reactions: Swampin'

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was shocked. I would twitch a worm by a bass or throw a spinner and watch him ignore it but when Austen twitched his topwater real slow they engulfed it. I have no doubt they would have hit it all day. It was cooler an overcast so I think that helped. It was weird because there was no really strong sunrise bite. Fishing didn't heat up till much later

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
HA those kids raising heck on that ski broke down:D prob for the better cause as crazy as they were getting, i foresaw someone getting hurt...that place just isnt that deep..i'd NEVER get pulled behind a ski out there

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Boj don't open til 5:30 and you will be lucky if they have anything ready even then. I make my breakfast the night before and carry a big travel cup or thermos of coffee LOL.. Glad the plug wasn't a deal breaker!

Reactions: dbeam and Swampin'

·
Registered
236 Posts
we towed some kids that did the exact same with a jet ski yesterday...they flagged us down and asked for a tow...I asked them what happened and they said we sucked the rope up..pulled to the closest bank turned the jet ski on its side and pulled the rope out of impeller...easy fix for them...would of cost them a pretty penny at shop...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.