NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have'nt had the fishing results to warrant an immediate report, but wasn't for a lack of trying, and thought I'd write up some brief reports.

Dec 3 - speckled trout fishing on the New River creeks (Frenchs, SW, NE). Slow day, the bite never really turned on. Two spikes and one flounder.

Dec 4 - Hiking the shoreline of the Umstead big lake. Three LMB on senkos dragged near the grass line. Nothing of size.

Dec 8 - Took the Towee to Mayo Lake. Goal was to catch a jack. Water temp was 55F. Ended up catching three decent spottted bass (see pic). Was fishing stump fields. Caught one on a nail weighted senko, one on a white zman paddle tail, and one on a Keitech chartruese paddle tail on a under spin rig. I saw one big jack chase and hit an inline spinner, but did not get hooked. Afterwards I was reading some forums discussing how they killed the hydrilla in Mayo and that the fishing has declined. Kind of a bummer.
Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreational fishing Beard

Dec 14 - Falls Lake. Two white perch on drop-shot-rigged small zoom flukes. Three crappie on a vertially jigged metal blade bait. One channel cat on the blade bait. I'm always amazed by how much life I see on my depth finder at Falls. Lot of bait balls and bigger fish marks too. I think I need to try minnows for Crappie in Jan.
Mobile phone Communication Device Fish Portable communications device Fin

Dec 22 - Chincoteague, VA. I know not NC, but probably my last catch of '22. Caught on a 4" white paddle tail.
Beard Fish Striper bass Cap Facial hair

Merry Christmas and tight lines. Time to reflect on the year and think about fishing goals for the next.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We found some nice slabs at Falls yesterday. Minnows getting it done. Plus one decent LMB on the minnows too. Also, experimenting with the automatic image cropping that just showed up in Apple Photos.
Fish Fisherman Fishing Recreational fishing Ray-finned fish
Fashion Sleeve Beard Electric blue Fashion design
Smile Fish Fisherman Seafood Ray-finned fish

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Boat. They were in 14-16'. We had best luck around a hump 14-16 ft surrounded by 18-19 ft. Probably 100 yards off the shoreline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts