NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hollywood is set to release the movie "The Golden Compass" December 7th, in time for the "Holiday" movie season. It looks like a family blockbuster - big fantasy, big stars, big season - and I would expect heavy marketing as the release date nears. It is based on a series of children's books by a noted anti-religion, anti-Christian, anti-God author. The worst of the anti-Christian content has apparently been subdued in the movie for broader acceptance. Here are at least two sites where people can learn more:I think its important for folks to be aware of this movie's origins as it could serve as an on-ramp into blatant God-hating, anti-Christian materials, especially for kids. No doubt the bookstores will have corresponding displays to promote the book series. I would hate for people who are entertained by the movie (and whatever merit it may have in its adapted form) to search out the books as Christmas gifts without knowing what's in them and who's behind them.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Key here is the movie may have smoothed out the atheist content but the book series very much promotes an anti-Christ, anti-God theme. If your kids watch the movie they may want to read book series. That could be a problem so beware.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks Jeff!

Just remember that where sin is, grace much more abounds and in the end God will turn it around for His glory!

Also, the bible says that the wrath of man shall praise God and there is plenty of evidence throughout history to prove it.

For instance the infamous French philosopher Voltaire who owned the largest printing press in Europe I believe in the 18th century said that within 100 years of his death that Christanity would be dead. His press is in use today by the Gideon Bible Society to print bibles for distribution through out the world. That is just one example of many.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I read the catholic leagues release warning of the movie's release. I am shocked that at the end of the series the characters kill a person named GOD :mad:, although it is not a true god. Hollywood could find MUCH better books to make into movies then this. The downside to this is some will go see it just because the religous groups not wanting them to.

On a side note, they are messing up my birthday.:mad: December 7th

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Coach there are so many bad jokes I can make from that... I'll let you slide. I wouldnt want to bomb you in bad taste..........

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...The downside to this is some will go see it just because the religous groups not wanting them to...
I thought of that before I posted. I even wondered about the possibility that the producers/distributors/backers might have planted some of this as a seed to generate publicity and encourage the anti-God contingent. Plenty will go to the movie, either because they embrace the message behind the movie or because they don't know or just don't care.

This is the best advice I can find on the matter:
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
If even one person recognizes the Lord's will in this matter and turns away as a result of this post, then it was well worth the time and energy to pass it along. And if the backers of the film were responsible for planting the seed of warning, I appreciate their help. Most of the time their foul works come subtly packaged as to appear harmless or even beneficial...we hardly ever get a good warning label out of them!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Adults can view things for entertainment factor only, But I see where this would be unsettling to parents for their children to see....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thanks for this information. From the commercials, it looks to be like a good movie, who knew, or at least I did not know.

I did hear on the radio the other day that Disney has removed any reference to Christianity or God from the advertisements for the new "Ten Commandments" animated movie. Which I think is out in theaters now.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I did hear on the radio the other day that Disney has removed any reference to Christianity or God from the advertisements for the new "Ten Commandments" animated movie. Which I think is out in theaters now.
That's interesting -- Did Moses made them up during his time on the mount?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
He must have just dreamed it up. :eek: Kinda hard to tell that story with at least a hint of god in it.:confused:

Or is it just for the advertisements??? and not the movie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.