NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Jerry and I got out on a local river on Saturday to see if we could get a few bites. I hadn't fished this stretch of river in about 3 years, so I was anxious to see how it would produce. I caught a couple early on a chatterbait and Jerry caught a couple on a black, ribbontail worm and a spinnerbait. Then we started flipping wood cover and catching some solid fish. He lost a solid 4-5 lber flipping a Big Bite Baits Fighting Frog and two casts later caught a 19-incher to redeem himself. Then I landed a 4 lber and we went back and forth landing solid fish in the 2-3 lb range. Finally, I got a big bite and I could feel that the fish was tangled in some underwater sticks and vines. I was freaking out a little, but eventually was able to hoist him from the mess. He went 6+ lbs and was 22". We caught a couple more right around 4 lbs as the day went on, as well as some runts on a mix of buzzbaits and plastics. I also had a monster fish (which may have been a bowfin) blast my buzzbait, but miss it and the trailer hook somehow. We ended with 35 fish over the course of about 6.5 hours. It was a fun day and hopefully a sign that the fall bite will stay hot for at least another week or two. There is a full run-down over at my blog - Man Powered Fishing. Tight lines!

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
Good report YD.
I'm thinking about vacating my usual haunts and heading east for some greenies this weekend.
The brown bass bite hasn't been great this fall, and your report makes it more enticing.
Holler at me if you are available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.