NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed out basin this afternoon. The wind made it difficult to work the worm and had three misses early in the day. Took along a buddy and he was trying out a new combo and decided to show him how to countdown and retrieve a rat-l-trap. Toss it out countdown nd start retrieve and I feel fish on. Can tell its small even though rod is a med heavy and a nice little dink landed.

Worked a crank myself later and nothing so finally decide for last 30 mins to hit another spot. Put on a zoom trick worm and a few casts later tap tap and I give it a rip. Immediately fish takes off and taking drag with it. Fish stayed low so could never get a look how big it was but clearly it was a good sized fish. Fought it for a good minute or so as it ran out and back and than along the shore before surrendering. Got it on the scale at a nice 4.15 pounds, got the buddy to take the pick and sent it on its way.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have been reading Jerry Condrey recommend the zoom trick work in Methiolate for two years and finally picked some up in December. He has recommended them to be used after the spawn and boy o' boy am I having fun lately.

Congrats on a nice catch there spidey.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I discovered trick worm last year post spawn so went to it today after failed attempts on senko and bass pro stick worm

Reactions: ChltBnks

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Trick worms are one of my go to baits all the time....even when others aren't getting hits the confidence is there when I switch to the trick...nice job!

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I felt like I got rusty on the worm since I have been getting most bass this year on cranks. Missed three nice hits before going to the trick worm. I like the magnum fitness trick in watermelon red specd

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
I felt like I got rusty on the worm since I have been getting most bass this year on cranks. Missed three nice hits before going to the trick worm. I like the magnum fitness trick in watermelon red specd
I too like the mag trick. I've had luck with it in various colors. I've had less luck (but some) with cranks this year than last. More largemouth on plastics for me this go around.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I have been reading Jerry Condrey recommend the zoom trick work in Methiolate for two years and finally picked some up in December. He has recommended them to be used after the spawn and boy o' boy am I having fun lately.
I had pulled the merthiolate trick worms out during pre-spawn and didn't get any interest. Will have to get back out there again - soon. I've had a pack for at least 10 yrs and never had a hit on one.

Question to all: are you fishing thee trick worms weightless?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had pulled the merthiolate trick worms out during pre-spawn and didn't get any interest. Will have to get back out there again - soon. I've had a pack for at least 10 yrs and never had a hit on one.

I always texas rig my trick worms and I fish the banks.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
I've fished them both ways....more luck for me with some type of weight. Always weedless. Weightless has caught me several fish but I don't give it the time it needs to sink properly. Lack of patience at time I guess. I do like the added action of the plastic and added sensitivity you feel without weight though....

Sent from my kayak...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts