NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard from several reports that the Hybrids and Stripers were pretty active in several of the local rivers so I went to a spot in Alamance co where I used to catch alot of them. Fished from 3 -Dark. Caught aprox 10 from 4 1/2 or so to one that may have pushed 7 lbs. Can't post the 7 as the pump station in the background may give the location away.:cool:
Water Temp 70 degrees.

All of them made good strong runs

They hit several lures

1. 4 inch Gotcha Curlytail with Flake on a 3/8 Gotcha Chartresue head. This is what the bigger one Hit.

2. Black Chug Bug with red mouth. caught a couple on this one and lost a really big one on it.

3. Booyah 3/8 oz Chartreuse/White Spinnerbait with the pink tubing on trailer hook. This was the top producer.

Hybrids are kinda like Smallies in that they luv Chartreuse.

I also used my OT 158 since I took Pete with me. He never said a word. Kinda relaxing as Nats Dad is always complaning about not catching anything.:D

Here are a few pics

Water Dog Boat Vehicle Watercraft
Water Fisherman Fish Fishing Fluid
Snake Smooth Greensnake Reptile Scaled reptile Terrestrial plant
Water Fishing net Fisherman Bait Jigging
Fisherman Fish Ray-finned fish Fishing Recreational fishing

Mack

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
" Can't post the 7 as the pump station in the background may give the location away.:cool:"

"Alamance co. pump station" in the Google pulls up one result :D
I wish my pup was that laid back. He thinks every fish I catch belongs to him.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
" Can't post the 7 as the pump station in the background may give the location away.:cool:"

"Alamance co. pump station" in the Google pulls up one result :D
I wish my pup was that laid back. He thinks every fish I catch belongs to him.
I did a similar search. That flow in that area was already on my list. But Mack is a sly one; we likely know less than we think...

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
"Local Flow."

That'll typically be the extent of it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
In what rivers can you catch hybrids in, and are they more towards the coast, half way down, or near the dams? Thanks
Not near the coast and no longer stocked anywhere that they might reach to coast, as they were found to interbreed (they thought hybrids were all mules when they started stocking) and they want to keep stripes pure. Anyway, above big lakes where they are stock or used to be (recently enough not to disappear).

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They can reach the coast if stocked anywhere east of the divide,,that is why Virginia has banned them from being stocked anywhere east of the continental divide, so basically if they are stocked in a lake they can be found anywhere above that lake to the next dam or anywhere below that dam....Jordan was stopped from stocking cause it was just too easy for them to make it to wilmington. But the farther down u go the less you will run into if stocked way up........ 1/2 of 1 percent are fertile.

Reactions: wademaster
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.