NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know ther alot of very knowledgable folks out ther and i am looking for some help...
here it is i owna 04 titan pickup love the truck it pulls the boat, camper everything with such ease and the best part is work pays for the gas...
This past week I started getting a grinding noise out of the back end I assumed it was bearings...wrong it needs a whole new rear end!!!!!
Big bucks especially after christmas and all, if I put the 3300 buck into the the mighty titan can I be assured i will be free of tranny or other big drive train repair bills, i am by no ways handy around a vechile. should I trade her in or repair....please any help thanks, and Happy new Year to you all!!!!!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Have you priced a used rearend? How many miles are on the truck? Do some research online and see if others have had similar problems and then you will know if it is a recurring issue ( like Ford Explorers and Dodge trucks). If their seems to be a history of issues related to the reaerend or to other drivtrain @ your mileage consider a "quick fix" and trade it in. PM me the paticulars on your truck *engine size, auto or manual, 2 or 4x4,gear ratio you need and I will talk to the salvage yard I used to sell for and see what I can do for you on a used rear.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
After some quick Google research it looks like the rearends are not only a problem, they are dangerous! They can lock up at speed and cause you to crash! 04-05 are the worst it looks like. I think it needs to go!National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration may have info/recalls. I'll keep looking.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
gee thanks guys...:eek:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Way to much drama for a 3 or 4 year vehicle. Way to much money. Is it not still under warranty or did it just run out? Contact the dealership and demand service. Go to Nissan USA and demand service. If it is out of warranty probably the best you will get is free labor if you buy the part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.