NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much working on the new house, getting some electrical things taken care of, I was finally able to launch from the boat ramp with about an hour left of daylight. Not much time but fishing off the dock has been a jerkbait kinda thing...

Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreational fishing Water

...so I started with a jerkbait, then an Alabama rig and finally, one of my favorite ways to catch them, the super fluke. It took the super fluke to win the hour but I had to have a looooooong pause after two short twitches. Caught the "barely a keeper" first. Had a strong hit and then caught the "bigger than barely a keeper" last...

Sky Cloud Beard Facial hair Tree
Sky Smile Water Outdoor recreation Fish

Even for a short time, it was great to be on the water again after a brief (four week) hiatus. Will be starting up with the tourneys again Dec 13th, so hoping for another good year!

Would not be a proper report without the following:
Water temp: 52
Water clarity: Slightly stained
Lure: Zoom Super Fluke
Technique: Twitch, twitch, paaauuuuuusssssseee...repeat
Best areas: Main channel points

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
That is a good spot. I have been catching a few in Hickory. Want them or not looks like they are here to stay. Enjoy the new house and easy water access, we should be seeing many more posts soon.

Darrell

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a good spot. I have been catching a few in Hickory. Want them or not looks like they are here to stay. Enjoy the new house and easy water access, we should be seeing many more posts soon.

Darrell
It's good to be getting toward the end of the projects! More time on the water is definitely in the future and looks like another tourney on Hickory again in 2015.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Caught one a couple weeks ago off the dock at about 18 inches...pretty good from what i can tell...

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.