NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
caught this ol' girl this morning about 7 AM on a Rebel Pop"R" worked through the grass about 2-3 ft. from the bank....all we had with us was a scale with an 8 lb. max and she easily pegged that...any guesses as to the weight from you more experienced anglers??....my buddy and I were guessing in the 10+ lb. range....it was a blast and a "once in a lifetime" fish in all likelihood...:)

stewdog

Attachments

·
Registered
715 Posts
Stewdog, congratulations on that bass. I once had one on like that except twice as big but got away;) .

Actually, if I landed one like yours I would probably retire from fishing as my search would be complete. Man what a fine fish.

·
Registered
38 Posts
very nice honestly it look to be about 12 to 13 pounds. next time take the length and girth measurements and you can get a pretty good weight estimate. look online for that info and it will tell you exact. and once you do thatyou can actually send that picture in with the measurements and get a replica made so she can be realeased.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hey Tadpole- I have a friend in California who's only fishing goal was to catch a 10 pounder once he had finally caught his 10 pounder he became obessed with a 12 punder then a 15 and now he's shooting for an 18. He's in an Ultimate Fighting Championship bout with the Tackle Monkey, now. I don't know but I'm willing to bet that you won't hang it up after you catch your 10 pounder.

·
Registered
715 Posts
backlash you are probably correct as I would rather have a 18 than a 10 pounder. I have actually had dreams about catching the big one but couldn/t find anyone with a scale to weigh him on. I keep running around this lake looking and finally put him on ice. Strange dream huh!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.