NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out yesterday morning got to the lake a little later than planned but arrive about 615. Started working the buzz bait while my buddy worked a popper. About the fifth cast about five feet from shore slam a nice 3.5 pounder hits in and stays on for a nice little fight. Hook had gone right through top of mouth just below the eye. Worked the hook out and sent it off. Decided to move to a different spot and again running parallel to bank slam a nice 4.2 pounder slams the buzz bait.

dummy me forget to check my line and knots after bending back the buzzbait toss it right into the lake as my uni uni braid to mono knot failed. I have never had a uni knot failure so now will add checking it to my checklist. Now one of my favorite buzz baits is at the bottom of the lake. I have lost so many of these lately one on a 8 pounder that ran under bridge, one in a tree from throwing too close in the dark, another on a mono line failure due to a knick and nw a u I knot failure. Beyond just destroying about 4 from excessive use may have to order 20 for next year.

my buddy promptly switches to a buzz bait with no luck or blow ups. I move a little further down the bank and bam a 2.3 pounder is on and fighting. All of the fish were caught within 30 mins max.

we moved around the lake trying different spots with topwater, worms and cranks without a hit. Finally at 9 we head back to starting spot and switch to speed craws. Buddy misses a nice 2 pounder and next cast I have another 2.5 pounder on. Just as fast as bite started stopped again and than about 945 buddy landed a nice 4.2 pounder and I got a 1.5 pounder all on speed craws. Seven fish in 4 hours isn't great but when. The bite was on it was on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Sounds like a good morning. I too get happy around those trees at the farm pond and lose a lot of valuable lures.
It's part of the game though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to have to come find you some morning. You're having way too much fun.
we do need to get out and after them sometime. I have been hitting lakes around 530 to 600 in the morning lately or at night after dinner since I am hooked on topwater

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to plan on a day to fish before work. Probably next week at the earliest.
only day I fish early is saturday but labor day will likely be a very early morning fish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts