NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old friend who I do not get to see that often came up to do a little raleigh fishing. We started off at a smaller pond that I frequent and caught about 5 or 6 LMB. I had just bought a new rod and reel for my Christmas present for myself. I bought a shimano curado baitcaster with a st.croix rod. I always have the worst time trying to catch that first fish on that new rod so I was used to not catching anything with the rod yet! I let my good friend try my new reel out because he has the same model but about 7 years older. Of course his first cast he hooks a 3# bass. I was a little ticked, but was happy at the same time. I caught a few that day, but all of them were with other rods. I decide to take him to another lake I like to frequent. WE were there about a half hour and moved around the lake to a spot where I could not get to in the summer because of overgrowth. I decided to change lures and my first cast I hooked up with this 7# whopper. MY good friend threw the same lure 2 min. later about ten feet away and got his whopper. What an awesome day for some old friends to get together! We had an awesome day after that even though we did not catch any after that. That is fishing!!!:D

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
nuttin like a good day o hawgin"!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice fish!!!!! And people say that the bass go to sleep after Thanksgiving.. The pond in my front yard, has been running around a month to a month and a half behind the fishing forcast for jordan and the rivers, those bass are still active and real hungry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.