NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I are planning a one day trip to Weldon and was wondering if you can keep any Stripers this time of year up there?
I looked on the internet and am getting conflicting answers. I thought that some of you regulars that go up there often would know for sure.
Thanks,
dj

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Are you, sir, indicating or insinuating that the NC Striper regulations are confusing????

Absolute Blasphemy. I think I will report your post to the moderator!

(Actually, I would answer your question seriously, but am not entirely sure of the answer myself. I THINK the answer is, no, not legal to keep, but it may depend on whether the moon is half full in Poland and what day of the week Easter falls on in 2052.)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
No you cannot keep any stripers as the season is closed on the roanoke. You will prob catch some catfish though if you fish with bait. Also, just remember you can only use a single barbless hook rig right now in Weldon.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just fished the Roanoke this past Wednesday. Stripers are out of season right now and you need to make sure you are using barbless/crushed barb hooks. We managed to go through 6 dozen shad in about 2 1/2 hours, between myself and the other guy I was fishing with we managed to land 45-50 fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.