NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
If I lived in San Diego I'd own one......and cast it like I stole it.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I wouldn't have the grapefruits to cast an 11" 11 ounce bait in freshwater.

Especially anywhere a $400 bait could conceivably get stuck... Which is kind of exactly where the fish would be hiding, isn't it?

Pass.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
BTW, I got that link from watching this video. Guy in TX using one he made and doing pretty well. This is from just a couple of days ago; kings are in down there!
[video=youtube;BFIWdXNHUSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFIWdXNHUSI[/video]

Two questions: are oil rigs close to the beach down there that yaks can reach them and what was a that red level wind he was using?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
ND,

Answers are yes and I don't know, though I suspect that you can find info on his rig in discussions here:

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=58

The guy in the video goes by "Prof. Salt" on that forum. Lots of really good BTB info in that forum. The Gulf guys have it made for BTB. Lots more calm days, warm water for more of the year and deeper water near shore in most places.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
fishing livebait takes almost zero skill. just being in the right place at the right time.
Not everyone is going to be able to afford a $400 bait. Any one can afford a few hooks and a sinker. You spend $400 on a bait and it better not take much skill to use lol.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
IMO someone who spends $400 on a lure is either a tad obsessed or beyond comfortable financially. That being said it's amazing the $$ we spend on hobbies. I guess there's little difference between spending $400 on a swimbait that could be lost and several thousands on an RC aircraft that can easily be damaged or completely destroyed.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
400 bux is a kayak to me! I doubt I'll be spending that money on a lure....ever!

Tapatalk - Galaxy S4

·
Registered
114 Posts
judging by the knob and color... I think it's an Avet reel... not many colored conventional reels out there... Accurates can be ordered in red but only from one dealer that I know of...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts