NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the fisherman who plucked my Dad, Mom, Brother, and Neice from the ocean at AR 440 on Saturday. I don't know his name but according to my Mom, he was quick to the rescue after Dad's 18' Sea Pro took a wave over the stern and capsized while they were out fishing putting the four of them in the water. Pop was quick on the bilge pump and tried to hit the throttle to help pull the water from the deck but evidently the engine had taken some water too and stalled. Mom said all they had time to do was grab a life jacket and the boat went over. I would hate to think what would've happened if the other fisherman hadn't been close by so whoever you are, may God bless you in Very Special ways!!
The boat is wrecked after Sea Tow pulled it all the way back in upside down and even hooked a sandbar with it on the way but the main thing is that my family is a little shaken but safe. Boats can be replaced but family cannot.
If you happen to know who this person was, please let me know so that I can thank them one on one.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
GLAD TO HEAR AL, IS WELL AND NO PROBLEMS WITH LIFE BESIDES A BEAT UP BOAT,YOUR RIGHT THINGS COULD'VE BEEN WORST BUT LUCKALLY THERE WAS SOME THERE TO GIVE A LENDING HAND.
THANKS FOR SHARING AND THANKS GOES OUT TO THE RESCUE PERSON FOR DOING SUCH A FINE JOB. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all the kind words. I just got home from visiting Mom and Pop and got a little more information. The guy's name is John Miller and his boat is "The Dog House". If any of you run into him, please give him a hat's off for me and know that this man is a Class Act! He actually called Pop while I was there to make sure they made it home and were all Ok. I'll try to post pictures of the boat later if I get a chance.

Thanks again,

Dave

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Man, that is scary! I am glad everyone is ok. And yes, thank you to the unsung hero that rescued them. It could have been an angel too!

Reactions: Dave1273
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.