NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my skunk breaker, at long last. Small but a welcome sight. Hit a 1/2oz red eye shad, it had both trebles in its mouth. A greedy little guy!
I dropped the wife off at work and hit the banks of the big lake at Umstead state park for a couple hours. It was pretty windy and it was the only action I had today, but I was happy for it.
Vertebrate Salmon-like fish Fish Fisherman Fishing

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Nice... something very important about those skunk-breakers that's hard to really put your finger on. Just makes catching fish somehow seem more... possible (even though logically you know it, makes it *feel* more attainable) I guess.

Congrats on the catch!

Reactions: kbullick

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice to see you got something there. Worked the banks at both the big and little lakes earlier this week and got only one little nibble in about 3 hrs total. Was throwing a spinner and 2 different lipless cranks. Glad you broke the skunk!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice... something very important about those skunk-breakers that's hard to really put your finger on. Just makes catching fish somehow seem more... possible (even though logically you know it, makes it *feel* more attainable) I guess.

Congrats on the catch!
yes, its a definite confidence booster, no matter what the size of the fish

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice to see you got something there. Worked the banks at both the big and little lakes earlier this week and got only one little nibble in about 3 hrs total. Was throwing a spinner and 2 different lipless cranks. Glad you broke the skunk!
do you go there often? it was my first outing there actually fishing. just scouted it out before, still havent made it down to the smaller lake. have you been to the southernmost lake? reedy lake i think its called?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.