NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever run across Acadia Sports? Anybody got any of their rods?

They sent me an ad, buy one get one free, same offer that's on their website (http://www.acadiasports.com).

My first thought was "too good to be true", second thought was "$40 for two rods isn't any worse than I'd do anyway", third thought was "I can't be the only one who received this mailing."

Their story seems somewhat plausible, they've got positive testimonies on their site... Anybody here got any first-hand experience?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I just got the same thing. You beat me to the post!..LOL!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'm sure it's imports but anything less expensive is. Might be decent stuff priced for cutting out the middle man. I've wasted $40 for less I'm sure. I think I'll try some inshore style rods.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I received a postcard from Acadia several weeks back. If I remember correctly, the guys claims to have worked for a golf company and when visiting one of the shaft manufactures, they had rod blanks in the factory. The gentlemen claims that he knew how little golf comapnies paid for shaft so he inquired about the rod blanks. Long story short, he is buying the blanks cheap so he is not sell the rods for a premium price. I personally do not know whether they are decent rods.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, y'all saw the same ads...

I was considering trying out a medium-heavy rod, so I'd be better equipped for trolling the Cape Fear for leviathans... Was thinking about putting one of those Abu round casters on it, since Castaway can get the ones they take off returned combos...

Sounds like we might have some new reviews in a few weeks...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been using the same Abu Garcia 6500 for more than 15 years. I just take it apart a couple time a year for complete cleaning and grease. It is the best reel I have ever owned.
I am looking for a new med-heavy 7'0" rod so let me know what you think if you buy the aradia rod.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Please do let us know. I'm interested in this deal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi guys I'm new to this site. I actually googled acadia sports to look at the rods, when I saw this link. Fate maybe. I personally have 4 of the acadia rods. They are everybit as good as they say. And they really do send you 2 rods for the price of one. No I'm not an advertiser. My dad and I were talking about replacing some of my old rods, when he pulled out the add. We decided why not. shipping is $13.95 no matter how big the order. We bought 2 to try. A week later I re ordered another for myself and 1 for my wife. Between family and freinds, we have now ordered 10 rods. I have 2 of the p series, but you can only get the 7' 1 peice rod in heavy. They are in the process of designing a new rod, I can't wait. I fish at least 50 days a year. I have probably 10 bass pro extreme rods, plus 1/2 dozen higher quality rods. All of my rods are Im7 or better. I have stopped using all but the acadia. They are super sensitve. last weekend My wife and I went out on lake russell in sc. Everybody that I talked to complained about only 2 or 3 fish all day. the bite was just way to soft. My wife and I caught 36 bass that weekend, and we fished from 12 to 4 each day. My dad is retired he fishes 5 days a week. His primary rod was a fenwick until we got these. If anybody lives near asheville or greenville and wants to try one, without forking out 40 bucks, let me know i'll let you use mine, you will be sold.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the update, wishin' -- I hadn't gotten around to placing that experimental order.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
You can buy direct from the website for the same deal as the mail offer. I think I'm gonna have to try one just to satisfy myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These rods are hands down, the best bang for your buck. While they aren't ugly sticks in any way or fashion they are worth much more individually then what they cost. 49.95 is what I paid for my 1 rod, and I would compare it to a $75+ rod.

I recommend anyone to grab this deal.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
You guys convinced me. I got the ad too. I'm ording up a casting and a spinning rod. They say on the web site that they won't be delivered until mid-April. That will work for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.