NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on my fishing lures prediction the UNC Tar Heels are going to serve up a big dose WHOOP BUTT on the other area school colors during the ACC Tournament. Threw them up like Tara cards and thats how they landed.:D

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
341 Posts
Leave it to a carolina fan to misspell tarot. Tara, if my memory serves me well, is the name of the plantation in GWTW (but that would have required reading and we all know that carolina fans can't do that!). BTW, carolina is deliberately not capitalized to emplasize their minor status among the real universities.

I hope this doesn't start a "my school, your school" war, but as a NCSU grad (twice), I have to pull for ABC. Back in the 70's when the Russians were still communists and no one liked them, they would send the Soviet national basketball team to play American college teams among which was UNC. I pulled for the Russians.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CoachKinsey---OOPS! Depended on my spell check. There are not many fishing reports coming in so I thought I may as well stir something up. My youngest son has a ME degree from NCSU. Since I went to Elon College, I'll just get it started and then go fishing.:D

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Forrest - I really appreciate your fly based prediction but it maybe one year early.

I went to Carolina and only had to graduate once (they get it right the first time there).....:D (ducking)

Geez - I didn't realize State still fielded a men's basketball team......... :eek:

In all honesty, even though I'm a Carolina fan, I relish the memories of the '73 & '74 NC State teams. I was in high school and my dad worked at State then. I remember watching David Thompson, Tommy Burleson (sp?), and Monte Towe play at a whole different level than the rest of the league on their way to breaking UCLA's championship streak. Monte would pick the ball clean, David would launch into the air for what seemed an eternity and too-tall Tommy would rocket an alley-oop pass to David, SCORE! That was some awesome ball....

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
hampsteadfishing said:
Geez - I didn't realize State still fielded a men's basketball team......... :eek:
What a short memory y'all have. What sport was it y'all were playing between Dean Smith and Roy Williams?

And where are y'all in the AP poll? (Can you count to 21?)
(OK, here come the Duke fans...)

Lefty
NCSU c/o 92
(yes, I got it right the first time)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Lefty,

You know that cheese and whine crowd at the college in Orange County can't count to 21 (unless you let them use their dew claws) ... they run out of fingers and toes before they get that far on the number line.

Of course, if things don't go our way (the Wolfpack's way, that is) in tonight's game, we will never hear the end of it. As for me, I think I'll go fishing.

Go Pack.

Doc
NCSU FIJI 74 and 93

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
CoachKinsey said:
Of course, if things don't go our way (the Wolfpack's way, that is) in tonight's game, we will never hear the end of it. As for me, I think I'll go fishing.
If I were a fair-weather fan, I'd have thrown in the towel a long (LONG) time ago. I'm as set as I'm gonna get -- got my sweatshirt on and my schedule overbooked. (That way I can't watch the game and jinx anything.)

You actually planning on going out this evening? I'm envious. One of these years we'll actually find a chance to go out together. Maybe I can swing one of those public-sector jobs one of these years...

Lefty
And I'll still wear the sweatshirt tomorrow, too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Lefty,

Nope ... not going out today. I have track practice every afternoon until about 5:00 so getting out to Jordan or Harris isn't looking likely during the week right now.

As for the game tonight, I'll be in my computer room planning some sort of outing for a bunch of guys at church. Like you, I ain't watching the game ... too much tension for my old bones!

As for the public sector job, keep the day job. The hours are lousy (I put in 10 today and 2 more this evening working on the T&F website) and the pay won't keep a family afloat.

Doc

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well Forrest, you've managed to get everyone on a fishing website to talk about everything other than fishing!:eek:

I know this maybe hard to swallow, but not everyone is either a State or Carolina Grad/Fan:confused: . Since I didn't attend college at an ACC school, I'll have to chime on the closest thing I can. Go Seahawks! (wife is a UNCW grad) At least they're at the beach!

Let's go wet a line and all be happy :).

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let's go wet a line and all be happy :).
ParrotHead---I agree, I'm gonna wet those ACC lures in some cold backwater to get them cooled off. Reckon I can make any predictions based on the first lure that catches a fish? I'll even include a green one.:D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Well, I'm still wearing my red sweatshirt. Forrest, if I were closer to Atlantic, and if it weren't so yucky out, and if I didn't hafta work, and if, and if... then I'd join you for that backwater outing.

Coach -- what kind of outing are you trying to put together for your guys? Wanna take 'em fishing? (I've got the flyer my guys put together for our Hatteras trip, it's a pretty fun read, if you wanna give it a once-over.)

As for the public/private job... I guess the grass isn't so much greener on the other side of the cul-de-sac, huh? Well, your lawn's still a big step better than mind... if you can call mine a lawn...

Oh well, at the rate I'm going, another hundred years or so and I can retire, and fish for the rest of my life....

·
Registered
341 Posts
Lefty,

The trip I am putting together is going to be a three couples fishing/shopping trip to my place at Dawson Creek. It looks, however, that it is falling apart even as I plan it. Oh, well ... other times.

As for the flyer ... I'd love to see it. If you ever see my car at home, drop it over.

I'll saunter across the road sometime when I am home (like never, for instance) and we can plan an outing. We gotta' get you a yak!

Doc

·
Registered
574 Posts
Green and gold, sounds fishy to me;)! Come to think of it that works for Seahawks or St Leo's Lions (my school).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.