NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fishing at Mountain Island Lake, didn't catch anything but rocks. Well the rocks caught my line. I've attempted to go fishing near Lake Norman at McCrary Creek, but did not see access points for people without a boat. I really want to fish in these areas, but can someone please tell me where pedestrians can access these lakes?

Im new to Charlotte, I'm used to piers, oceans and beaches in VA.

Please help.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I can offer you a few suggestions for LKN...So many of the place I used to go are now blocked off, though. The whole lake is pretty much privately owned with million dollar houses who don't want you using their shoreline,

I regularly fish the state park, either at the pier, or hiking the Alder trail to the point.

Jetton Park in Cornelius is a possibility. I think you need to pay to drive in there on the weekends

McCary Creek has fishing access from that boat launch, you might want to walk along the shoreline to avoid the power boats.

Try this... NC official fishing access. http://216.27.39.120/FishingAreasMap/

There's fishing access at the nuke plant on HWY 73 at the bottom end of the lake

Reactions: ChltBnks
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.