NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Haven't done much posting up here, just a lot of reading, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Anyway, I am wondering if anyone knows of any spots in the general area of Beaufort, Morehead, AB, and on down to Emerald Isle that are suitable for wade-fishing for various inshore species. I know a lot of the areas are more mud than sand, and I would like to be able to access some decent "flats"/wading-waters without needing boat. I'm not really planning on going anytime soon, so I'm not worried about what's biting right now and such, but I would like to plan out some possible spots for when I do get a chance to head down to the coast. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

-I'd also be interested in locations around the Wilmington/Wrightsville area, although I'm much more familiar with the Morehead areas. Just don't want to go all the way to the OBX is all...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I typically see quite a few wade fishermen on Cape Lookout...on the sand spit at the bight. The water taxis from Harker will shuttle you out and return at a designated time. And, if you are energetic you can make the hike to the jetty etc....but pretty good at times at the bight...right where they drop you off.

Also see a good many on the tip of Shackleford Banks at the ship channel...may have gotten a shuttle from Beaufort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.