NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BUSTED UP FOOT OR NOT IT WASNT GONNA STOP ME FROM MY WEEKLY FISHING TRIP WITH MY STEPSON WAYNE,ITS NOT THE TYPE OF FISHING I WANT TO BE DOING RIGHT NOW BUT ITS BETTER THAN NOTHING.
WE MANAGED 17 BOWFIN LAST NITE AND EVEN BRAVED THE COLD AS LONG AS WE COULD SXTARTED ABOUT 2 PM TILL 8 PM LAST NITE BRRRRR BRING ON THE WARMTH.
THIS IS ALL DOWN AT THE NEW RIVER IN JACKSONVILLE BEHIND RAINTREE ESTATES,BAIT OF CHOICE WAS FINGER MULLETS AND SPANISH SARDINES.

THIS ONE WAS ALMOST 26 INCHES

ME MEASURING NEXT TO BAD FOOT SEE RIGHT FOOT WITH BLACK BRACE INSIDE BOOT :D

STARTING TO GET COLD SO WE PUT MORE CLOTHING ON :eek:

LAST 2 OF THE NITE WENT TO ME BUT EVEN SO I STILL GOT MY BUTT MASHED BY WAYNE :rolleyes:

BAD ANKLE OR NOT I DONT GIVE UP MY TRIPS WITH MY STEPSON AND THE COLD DOESNT STOP ME EITHER..........ENJOY I KNOW I DID ;)

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MUCH HAPPY TO SHARE TOPSAIL ANGLER I KNOW WE DONT GET MUCH BOWFINNING HERE ON THE SITE BUT THE ADVERSITY OF IT ALL IS GOOD I BELIEVE ;)
LETS US ALL KNOW THERE IS OTHER WAYS TO FISH THAN JUST SALT AND WAITING FOR WHAT WE WANT TO FISH FOR,BOWFIN ARE A MAGNIFICENT FIGHTING FISH THAT CAN AND DO SHOCK YOU WHEN THEY TRASH A LURE.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
:D Great job there Tim and Wayne, theres a couple of nice bow's in the mix.

When all else fails the bow's will normally give you something to stretch a line and they do it in style.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS GUYS,
SWAMPFOX,
I TRYED THEM ONCE BUT APPERENTLY DIDNT COOK IT THE RIGHT WAY I JUST CUT EM INTO NUGGETS AND DEEP FRYED THEM WITH HOUSE AUTRY,WASNT BAD BUT I FEEL IT COULDVE BEEN BETTER.
FILLETS WERE SPONGY ALMOST SLIMY LIKE VERY UNIQUE TASTE TO THEM AS WELL.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I LIKED THEM AS WELL THEY HAD A VERY DIFFERENT TASTE TO THEM,MINE WAS COOKED ABOUT AN HOUR AFTER CATCHING IT FROM THE TIME WE LOADED TILL I GOT HOME,NEXT TIME IM GONNA TRY JUST FRYING IT IN SOME LEMON PEPPER SEASONING :D

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NOT REALLY SCOTT THEY TASTE ALMOST LIKE DARK MEAT ON A CHICKEN WHEN DEEP FRYED.
WHEN YA GONNA COME DOWN AND DO SOME BOWFINNING WITH US? MAYBE MAKE A 2 PART DAY, PART FRESH AND PART SALT?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I've always stuck a knife in their head and left em for the racoons and turtles. They destroy Crappie eggs (others too I'm sure) and fry. They are fun to fight though!

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Not this weekend or the next--Shad tourneyment on March 8th out of Pitchkettle. Maybe by then the fishing will be heating up and I'll be ready to do battle red.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
450 Posts
Nope NCPierman, The fish in my Avatar, well thats another one of my Passions. Thats just a little Catfish. Probably if i remember right.. about 26 inches.. Nothing like the big ones my brother-in-law was catching before deer season. One 62 lbs. Thats another trip I have to take. Anyone ever up for it, i would love to tag along. but right now I am having too much fun with Largemouths and Striper. Going after Specks on Wednesday. Hopeing that is as much fun as wrestling with a big Ole Striped Bass.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.