NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like a bad personal ad, no?

New poster here. I'm a Florida native who will be traveling to the northeast at least a couple of times this year, and I'd like to fish some shallows along the NC coast on the way home. I realize this is a VERY general question given the amount of water available, but I'd just like to poll folks in here to hear their opinion about the best skinny saltwater fishing (for reds and maybe stripers) along the NC coast. I'm open to renting a boat, wading, what have you. I use light tackle and I prefer topwater plugs and flies.

Appreciate any responses...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
If I were passing through and didnt know much about where to go I would probably choose the area around Oriental NC and if $$ allows I'd hire one of the great guides in the area for REDS.... For Stripers I'd hit Manns Harbor NC. That's just my first thoughts.... and this all depends greatly on time of year......

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Good luck, and most important, ENJOY your stay when you get to NC!!

I do know that sometime's Mike (Topsail Angler) looks for a fish partner,, maybe you could get up with Mike on a date when you'll be in the area and maybe hook up. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.