NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy an air pump I can attach to a 5 gallon bucket easily. I see that a lot of people seem to like the bubble box from marine metal. What I would really like is something that I can plug into an outlet at night, that also can run off battery power when unplugged. The problem im finding is that most that can do this are way to much overkill for a 5 gallon bucket.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Use to have a Frabill aerator. That thing would run forever a 1 D-cell battery. Was a lot quieter than the one I have now.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Marine Metal makes about35 different aerators. None of them are AC and battery powered. Several are DC and battery operated. Frabill's Aqua-Life Bait Station comes closest to what you are describing. The model number is 1469 and it should retail in the $70-80 range.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
If you were able to use a small aerator pump for a boat it would be easy since it's straight up 12volt DC. All you would have to do is buy a 20 dollar power converter to plug in the wall.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Other option might be putting your bucket or bait in a larger container with a 110V pump. An aquarium filter or koy pond pump would probably work OK.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I always used an $10 walmart aquarium pump at home or anywhere I had 110v access and a Bubble Buddies or similar pump that runs on D batteries or my new one is called a baby bubbles and runs on AA batteries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts