NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking to troll 3 Alabama rigs in the Pamlico River for rock. I am new to the area and figure it is a way to cover a lot of water and hopefully locate a school. Anyone have a recommend for what type of lures, colors, speed, tactics, etc. I did not spend the money yet. Thanks all.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would just work points, creek mouths, chocowinity bay, and stump fields/pilings with top waters, swimbaits and zoom flukes just as if you where bass fishing. Plus you will catch trout, flounder and maybe some red drum.
Thanks, will try that before spending $ on rigs. I already have those things so here we go!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me know how it goes or how it went lol
After going through some boat problems, finally got to fish in Dec. Caught 3 keeper rockfish on swim bait (pearl chart. tail) fished around bridge. Tried curly tails under floats fished real slow, hard baits fished slow, top water early - NADA. It is frustrating but still fun figuring things out (slowly.)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Alabama rigs are deadly on rock in the Pamlico, especially this time of year. They can't stand em. I usually cast mine but sometimes I will troll them with the trolling motor. I use the 5 wire with 1/8 jig heads 4 white grubs on the outside and 1 chartreuse on the inside. Just like everything else find the bait = fish. Good luck!

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Fish them on braid strong enough to bend your hooks when they get hung. They really work well in a number of situations, but losing a loaded A-rig is a chunk of change.

Reactions: sundrop

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Reactions: RouseD
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.