NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Albino Bream?

I was fishing the same spot from before as my ID thread and I pulled out this little guy! Has anyone else caught any albino fish? (I could be wrong calling them albino so if I am feel free to educate me)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
nope no pale perches...
:rolleyes:

Reactions: wademaster

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you try to upload it on a mobile device or a pc desktop?
A mobile device, my computer recently broke. For some reason the picture will be added to my post but then I refresh the thread and it's gone. If this post does not have the picture then I apoligize.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Just looks silver to me... Albino would have pink eyes, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yeah, I have seen several that had a similar look. Caught a couple early this year that were pinkish. I personally don't think they're nearly as pretty as the purplish big bluegills that are much darker.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Fisherman are funny....I really wanted to see an Albino Brim...I was just ribbing you...U gotta be tough to fish.:)

Reactions: roddo27846

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
I'm a casual fishermen who only recently just got into the hobby, sorry I'm not a bonafied expert.
No problem there Swicks! This is a great forum to learn. Fish frequently take on coloration of their surroundings. Bass (especially smallies) are particularly noted for this and your bream is in the bass family. Last summer I caught a redfish that was anything but....he was in the surf, shallow on a sandy bottom. Had he been hanging in a tidal creek he would likely be copper as a penny.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fisherman are funny....I really wanted to see an Albino Brim...I was just ribbing you...U gotta be tough to fish.:)
I didn't take it to heart man, you just never know when someone is trying to be genuinely rude. Sorry for the disapointment though): And thank you for the information h2oh! What a good catch! Beautiful fish

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Fish take on the coloration of the water and surrounding environment. In dark water the fish will take on the great looking colorations. In muddy or crystal clear waters the fish will take on a very light hue, again the surroundings. This is especially true for bass and bream/bluegills.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts