NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday got a total skunk not even a bite. Yesterday finally switched to a silver and blue rat-l-trap and ended up with four the biggest about 1.5 but the first 3 were all less than 0.75#. Today got out in my waders and managed two again very small bass.

Seems like the little ones are biting but the biggies are somewhere else. All fishing at lake lynn

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta get through the bad apples to get to the big juicy ones. The more fish you catch and the more you try the closer you're getting to a heavier girl....

Sent from my kayak...
I gotta find a way to wake up the big girls. But looking at my fish log from last year it was about mid November when the bigger ones started hitting.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want to get bigger fish, you need to switch to bigger baits. Course You won't catch as many.....
3/4 oz red eyed shad and large cranks used. They just aren't feeding at Lynn yet from everyone I talk to

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Bigger baits will help but elephants eat peanuts. I feel like you learn more by catching more and see how things are changing from time to time. My brother caught his personal best yesterday on a lizard.....

For bass, I think this time of year is second to none for numbers and or size.....

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got a couple in the 2-3 range last Sunday n lost a 5ish. Lynn still only getting dinks right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.