NC Angler Forums banner

All she wanted was the sexy dog

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  spidey 
#1 ·
headed over to the lake around 730PM tonight. Started off with plastic worm not a nibble. Moved onto a red eyed shad again not a bite. Tied on a buzz bait nothing. Finally around 850PM tied on the sexy dog. Started working it around the point and had a nice blow up and a miss. Decided to keep working around the spot a few more casts one to the right than the left and finally right about the same spot as earlier. This time it doesn't miss. The lure disappears and I set the hook. Fish stayed low however could tell it was good sized finally came up for a splash and could tell from the sound it was a nice fish. Finally landed with the sexy dawg all the way across the mouth front hooks one side back hooks other side. Weighed it at nice 5.5 pounds and forgot to get a picture since this fish was 24 inches and only weighed 5.5. Another long skinny son of a gun.

#4 ·
havent been able to master that yet, maybe once I get a LH retrieve. I tried it a few times just can't get it moving right so this was with a spinning rod.

#5 ·
I know it was getting dark and I had to do some work to get the hooks out and weighed and figured in the low light a pic may not take. Wish I had it was amazing how long this guy was, a guy fishing near by saw it when I picked it up and figured it was an 8 for sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.