NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talkin all week about gettin out to grouper fish, and today mentioned how the weather's lookin for this weekend, and now the weather report jump'd up 2 ft. sea wise for Saturday!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :eek: .... Oh well,, as long as it's not over 7's guess we'll still be headin out... SW/W wind at 25 isnt lookin so hot right now... :(

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's it.... I'm movin to Fla! Just isnt fair!!!

How 'bout we get a sea report like this up here!! :)

Tampa Bay Waters-Englewood To Tarpon Springs Out 20 Nm-
Englewood To Tarpon Springs Out 20 To 60 Nm-
Tonight
Northwest winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

Thursday Through Friday
Northwest winds around 10 knots shifting to the west at night. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

Friday Night
West winds around 5 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

Saturday
Northwest winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

Saturday Night
North winds 5 to 10 knots becoming east after midnight. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

Sunday
East winds 5 to 10 knots becoming onshore near the coast in the afternoon. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

Monday
West winds around 5 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, you mean that 'actually' happens??!!! :)

Yup, now it's startin to get out of my comfort zone... up to 7's now... (I usually double the bottom #, in this case 4, and that's usually what you can expect.....)
Man! another weekend cuttin grass!! this is crazy!! (clickin my ruby flip flops... there's no place like Fla, there's no place like Fla... ) :0

Forecast as of 10:30 am EDT on May 18, 2006 Hatteras Canyon To Cape Fear Out To 34n 71w To 32n 73w.
This Afternoon
SW winds 10 to 20 kt increasing to 15 to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft building to 4 to 7 ft. Highest winds and seas W. Isolated showers and tstms. Tonight
SW winds increasing to 20 to 30 kt...except becoming W 20 to 25 kt over waters W of 75w late. Seas 4 to 7 ft...except building to 7 to 10 ft E of 75w. Isolated showers and tstms. Fri
W to SW winds decreasing to 10 to 20 kt. Seas subsiding to 3 to 5 ft...except to 5 to 8 ft E of 75w. Isolated showers and tstms. Fri Night And Sat
W to SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 7 ft. Isolated showers and tstms.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Nearshore is looking decent - come down and pull some bait across 23 mile rock - they been catching mahi and kings out there this past week.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]AMZ250-252-190400- /O.EXT.KILM.SC.Y.0035
060518T2000Z-060519T0700Z/ SURF CITY TO CAPE FEAR NC OUT 20 NM- CAPE FEAR NC TO LITTLE RIVER INLET SC OUT 20 NM- 304 PM EDT THU MAY 18 2006

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...

TONIGHT...SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT...BECOMING W 15 KT LATE
SEAS 4 TO 6 FT...EXCEPT 3 FT NEAR SHORE NORTH OF CAPE FEAR. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS THROUGH EARLY MORNING.
FRI...NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING SW IN THE AFTERNOON
SEAS 3 TO 5 FT...SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 4 FT.
FRI NIGHT...SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.
SAT...SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.
SAT NIGHT...W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING NW AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS. [/SIZE][/FONT]

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just might have to

Just might have to Mike... Not my favorite kind of fishin (kings)
had our hearts set on a stream trip and a grouper trip on the way.
Oh well... latest report out past the 20 to the canyon is 5-9's.. so unless the
winds die down, looks like we'll run out to the grouper holes and probably do some near shore trolling.... either way, we'll be out there.

Hey, shoot me yer MMSI so I can holler to ya... we'll pretty much be in range I have the feelin this trip. Leavin same time when I last talk'd to ya, we'll be on the outside by 4:30.

Good luck in the tourney tomorrow!!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx Mike, got it...
guess what? we aint goin now. Didnt want to take my neighbors boys out in that stuff tomorrow, it's gonna be nasty (from the reports) out where we were goin,, so we're just gonna save our penny's and pick a time Memorial day weekend....

Oh well......... such is the weather. Good luck and be safe out there tomorrow!! Post back how it was.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
It was very windy, rainy and cold in the morning. Sunny, windy and warm in the afternoon. Didn't leave the inlet so not sure how the seas were running. You were wise to wait. I'll be fishing all memorial day week-end (including Friday) so give me a buzz.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will do, got your #, we plan'd to save our pennies for another day... we finally called it off last night at 9:30.. Yup, plannin on gettin out memorial day (weather permittin!):eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.