NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently purchased an impoundment and some land right near the alligator river, and i will be spending alot more time down there planting the impoundment and messing around and i am gonan try some fishing in that area as well.. if anyone can point me in the right direction on what to go for and when i would be very grateful.. boat size is no problem i have access to a flat bottom carolian skiff or a larger deep hull.. i really appreciate any help..

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I'm afraid I'm lost when it comes to Alligator River and Albemarle Sound. That area has always intrigued me but part of the reason is it was always a long drive from where I was living and not just a little ways off the path. Most of the rest of the state I am a lot more familiar with. The thing to remember is that the water temperaure and water salinity are both going to be major factors when fishing that area. I really wish I could help you but all I can tell you is good luck. Thanks for feeding the birds. AL

·
Registered
135 Posts
The bridge at the river is great for Striped Bass and there is a publis ramp on the east side. Its been a few years since I fished there,but it use to be good most of the year. Also try working some of the stumps along the shoreline. You never know what you might catch. Good luck, Capt. Ray
PS- If you need some help duck hunting, just yell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.