NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Haven't heard of any in NE NC yet but not too early to try. There are usually a few that show before the main run. I usually don't catch any shad in the creeks until late February.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been "test fishing" the Trent River for Hickory Shad - none up river yet, but last year it started around mid-February. I've seen a few reports of singles caught in the Pamlico so far. OH

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am down south in Florida and I have been seen shad in the local lake. Two of them hit baits that I was using, so they are getting active.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hit a spot away from everybody on the tar Sunday. My rig was a 1/8 ounce grub black and green with an 1/8 kastmaster silver spoon. Only fished about an hour. No luck

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
They are catching a lot of hickory, mixed with American...aka White shad all the way up the Neuse to Goldsboro, most likely beyond by now. This time of year when the water gets high they really make a big bold move and cover a lot of water heading upstream. Guys are limiting out in and hour or 2.

Two hook rig with pink head and white grub has always been the best colors. Occasionally chartreuse and other colors but to me the pink and white takes the prize.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
1white shad was caught in Raleigh today.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I fished Battle Park in Rocky Mount last Wednesday for one hour - American Shad were being caught by about five or six anglers (some came and went while I was there). Chartreuse was the color of the day, caught mine on a flutter spoon. Fished the Trent in Jones County yesterday, Hickory Shad being caught there - some on pink & white and several on chartreuse & dark green SW Assassin swim shads with 1/8 oz. jig heads. OH

·
Registered
9 Posts
I fished Battle Park in Rocky Mount last Wednesday for one hour - American Shad were being caught by about five or six anglers (some came and went while I was there). Chartreuse was the color of the day, caught mine on a flutter spoon. Fished the Trent in Jones County yesterday, Hickory Shad being caught there - some on pink & white and several on chartreuse & dark green SW Assassin swim shads with 1/8 oz. jig heads. OH
How's the bass fishing in the Trent River?

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
They have been hammering hickories from Pitchkettle thru Kinston the past week with a few American (whites) thrown in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts