NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, came back from Topsail early Friday morning. Stopped by the Dunn/Benson area to visit with a friend that I haven't seen in about 4 years, only to find out he has Cancer.
He asked if I knew anyone that would be interested in buying a boat........I figured, you know, maybe a Bass Boat, or something along that line. He opened the door to his shop, and there sits a Hydra Sports 230 CC!! Fellas, that boat is NICE!! I told him I'd post it, along with the price, pics, and a few features, on NCAngler, and try to help him out.
I posted it in the classifieds, and if anyone's interested, PM me, and I'll give you his Ph. #, and let you talk more about it, with him. I posted one pic here, but there are others in the ad.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
bad news... Nice boat. I wish I could take it off his hands. I'll keep both in my thoughts..:)

Reactions: pier dweller

·
Registered
271 Posts
pier dweller, I don't know you personally, but I know what it feels like to have someone you care about have cancer. My cousin is in her last days. The docs have done all they can and now they are just keeping her comfortable. Sad part is that she has two small children less than 10 yrs old. Her father, my uncle, lost his fight with cancer a few years back. We can be angry, confused and shake our fist at God or whomever, or we can learn to never take a single day for granted because no man is guaranteed tomorrow. Just make sure you let him know what his friendship means to you... just in case you don't get another chance.

·
Registered
489 Posts
We can be angry, confused and shake our fist at God or whomever, or we can learn to never take a single day for granted because no man is guaranteed tomorrow. Just make sure you let him know what his friendship means to you... just in case you don't get another chance.
DBank, you are so right! It's easy to blame God, and difficult to retain you faith in a situation like this. We may never know why, we difinitely don't know when, but it is a part of God's plan, and therefore we have to try to accept the situation as such. I lost my sister to cancer two years ago. I had feelings that God had abandoned us in our time of need, and it took me a while to accept her death as a positive thing. But I had so many people talk to me, and told me how Cindy touched them through her faith and her witness. PierDweller, you and your loved one are in our prayers.
Johnny

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend Mark. Our thoughts and prayers are with him for his battle. May the Good Lord give him and his family the strength to overcome and endure.

Sure wish I could help him out with the boat. Just what I'm looking for in a boat but money is a little tight for while and hoping I can find something to rework and build up. Would love an almost new boat like that but just more than what I can afford right now.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
PIER DWELLER, SORRY TO HERE ABOUT YOUR FRIEND, I KNOW HOW HARD THIS CAN BE I HAVE A BROTHER THAT IS GOING THRU THIS CANCER THING, IT IS VERY HARD ON MY BROTHER, AND SISTERS, AND TELL YOUR FRIEND HE WILL BE IN OUR PRAYS, GOD BESS YOU AND YOURS. CHRIS..................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.