NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of hot talk and info on here about how the storm will affect the fishing. While I'm not much of an online conspiracy theorist, I did have tuesday and wednesday off......so I figured I would just check it out myself. During my post-storm assessment, I paddled wind-protected (tidal and brackish) spots in a 25 mile radius surrounding Newport, NC.

And a couple from before the storm:

Redfish caught on topwater plugs from contentnea creek customs, gold spoons, and assorted plastics. Flounder caught on berkely gulp! shrimp. Panfish on justabout anything you threw at them until the sun got hot.

And for the record, super typhoon Ana was not much more than a baby gale. Hype is contagious, and it makes gas prices increase. Just go fishing.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@whitewater you can purchase these or have your own lures repainted with custom color schemes. Contact "joe the plumber" on the member list on here.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
****** -

What a tribute to the human spirit! Braving the aftermath of that tragic storm to courageously scout around for damage and do a fish stocking study while there were still weather-channel-named storms brewing in distant lands and snow in the Rockies. As avid weather channel watchers, we all know that we should never venture out of the comfort of our living rooms or away from our TVs. We've all learned from Jeff Cantore that if the Volcanos in Iceland don't get you, the sub-tropical psuedo-cyclones will, and if SOMEHOW you survive that, you still have to run the gauntlet of toxic radiation from the sun on any exposed portion of your body or experience the threat of rain during the rainy season (and SOMETIMES even OUT of the rainy season!).

We all know the trip you took was fraught with peril, and you did it out of the goodness of your heart at great personal cost. Hats off to you.

Now, if I can impose on your valiance just a little more, please post a you tube video so I can live vicariously through your experiences while sitting in my living room, listening to the Weather Channel for the next big threat to my life and health, while consuming copius amounts of potato chips and shopping online for stuff that looks cool but I'll never use.

;) Glad to hear the fish don't watch the Weather Channel, or we'd NEVER catch 'em!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you good sir. Alas, the intense clarity of your internet vocabulary! This "storm" was yet another ferocious swipe at my (perhaps boring) existence. In my walk of life, it is understood that angling tickles the fancy of most every man.....but every man cannot seem to enjoy the one grand experience that is angling enjoyment at a molecular level. So my doubts are always reserved.
But hark! Once again, the graceful ocean basked me in its glorious bounty! My spirits arose with the heart of a lion. Yet another example of why I fish. It gives me that exquisite feeling; the one that cureth all heartache; and tameth the wild beast.

Cheers good fellow.

Reactions: crappie89

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
You, sir, are a poet and hero! I laud the, although I had to look up several of those words on Wikipedia.

This thread is getting more and more entertaining! I'm hoping to have a similar basking experience this weekend when I, too, brave the elements and defy the sunlight induced radiation and toxic fumes from my smoking 2 stroke. Gotta work on that darned carbon footprint.

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
I have intimated to my betrothed that emitting dioxins into the atmosphere utilizing inefficient engines found on trimmers and lawn tractors is inexcusable. However we recently albeit temporarily lost a 5 year old grandson in the yard which resulted in heated cell phone communications between the house and a local honey hole. The lesson learned? Turn off the cell phone while fishing.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I beseech you, try to experience the wild yonder with everything within your being. Temperatures are imperviously fantastic. And the old saying rings out in my head: One surely doth not knoweth, unless one goeth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.