NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Length of the boat. You sometimes need to be able to move it to the fron of the boat as well as the back. Due to the shape of the Frontier if I ever put a trolley on it I will probably do it in two sections. But on everything else it runs most of the length of the boat.

Darrell

·
Registered
660 Posts
Trolley on my SOT is almost full length. On my less stable SIK, I just have a nose anchor. I assumed I would be fishing up stream and turned out I mostly do. Don't use the anchor often in either boat...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Ya, I will have one installed before I go to the coast again. It's great for positioning your yak when using a stick pin. As for anchor placement. I was thinking about what Frudaddy was thinking about. Getting hooks in the anchor line blows. So usage with the anchor will be limited to the back after I get a hook or two in the anchor rope.

mikeski

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I seldom use and anchor, but I try to stick myself when I am at Bay River to avoid getting pulled over a school of fish and turning them off while getting the first one in.

Darrell
I stick myself all the time without even trying... Oh wait, you aren't talking about hooks...:D

I am currently in the "cleat camp". I have 4 cleats around the cockpit of my SIK and just use whichever positions me best. It isn't perfect but I don't anchor much. I usually don't even take my anchor. Hooks love ropes so I avoid having both in the water at the same time if I can.

EDIT - If I anchored a lot, I might go with a trolley. I was planning to add one, but I figured I would cleat first, as I also use those for other reasons (strapping gear on deck between the front ones or back ones) and see how it went. I have rarely anchored and when I have, cleats have been okay. I say okay because I can face in the general direction I want but I can see how tweaking it a little would be nice sometimes. However, I have carry handles that have a short (4" ?) cord and I have snagged the front one a few times.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Full length. I don't anchor much anymore but its nice having options. I've anchored in all types of positions not just bow or stern, particularly if I am casting, so I can sit side saddle. As for stick it pin I just use a scupper hole or the mirage drive hole.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.