NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Welcome! Is that fishing with a boat? or without? Do you have a preference of species or do you just want to catch fish? Do you flyfish, troll, bottom, drift fish? We have it all here so I'm sure with a little more info we can get you "hooked up" !!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome,

Falls lake has good water quality. Jordan Lake is good as well. Lake Crabtree has been having problems with PCB levels and warnings have been posted. Not sure about Lakes Wheeler or Raleigh, Mitchie (Durham) or Rogers (Creedmoor). I haven't fished those last few.

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Hey Andy,
If you're looking for clear water in the Triangle, you can try one of these - they've all got plenty of aquatic vegetation that helps to keep the sediment filtered:
  • Harris Lake - boats of any size or shoreline. Southern Wake county
  • Durant Nature Park - shoreline only. North Raleigh
  • Wake Forest Reservoir - electric & paddle only. Eastern edge of Wake forest
We've had so little rain that even our discolored lakes are about as clear as ever.

This time of year is not great for fishing in the triangle - I've found a concentration of White Bass over at Falls that I've been milking for a few fish a trip the last couple weeks, but for the most part things are going to be slow when it's this hot. Night fishing or pond fishing is probably the best bet.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Welcome aboard Andy! There are some good suggestions above. There are also some good rivers nearby. Flat, Eno, Cape Fear, Deep and Haw are a few.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.