NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rounded up 2 fellas that work with me and brought them along to look for some more trout. I had Steve with me, who had never been trout fishing, or fished on a boat for that matter! He was a trooper considering it was 34 degrees at first light. I went right back to the same area I caught fish yesterday, water was down to 50 and I didn't see the amount of bait I saw yesterday. We gave it a go anyway and worked an area in 12-18ft. Y'all know the story, Steve was the 1st to hook up! The first fish was a solid 21" trout. We kept on catching and pulling hooks while the tide fell. I pulled the hook on 8 fish (yea, I counted them) while the boys kept me busy with the net! To top off a great morning Steve put a 7.2lb citation PIG in the boat! All fish came on Z-Man paddle tails (electric chicken and new penny). Think I'll try them again in the morning!

note: I'm holding the 7.2 because the pic of Steve when he caught her got deleted from the phone :(

Attachments

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Nice of him to let you hold the big fish lol. Nice haul from the hot ditch right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.