NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my brothers and I at the funeral home decided to put on a little fish fry for some of the local pastors. I brought several bags of fish in from the freezer (at home), but thought I would go this morning and catch a few more since a couple extra preachers and friends said they may show up. We went to a farm pond and bass fished for about an hour catching 4 decent bass then caught 64 crappie on about 3 hours. We usually don't keep crappie under 10", but the guy that owns the pond wants some of them cleaned out - says they're too many in there to get any size on them - so we abliged him.
Caught them in 6' - 12' of water and about 5' down. Was trolling jigs and minnows real slow. Took our little pond buster out. Gotta love a little john boat.
Mike

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Ha ha ha -- that's a slab full of slabs, for sure!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
mmmmmmmm !!!! Crappie, Great catch Mike, and a good way to ruin your son. I believe he's hooked for life!:)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Another great catch Mike! I believe you will have a nice fish fry there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Funeral Home? Which Funeral Home? My Dad was in the funeral business for 50 years plus. I used to work at a couple around town in my youngin days. When my Dad owned a transport company I worked for him then too until I got on the Fire Dept. I was raised Funeral! Maybe you know my Dad, Lots of Directors do. Brice is his name. Oh, Great catch there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.